Friday 17 July 2009

Zakka Inspired MP3 Player Sleeve


My sister was the one who suggested making ipod sleeves. I don't have an ipod, but I have an MP3 player that is beginning to get a bit banged around after so much commuting. I've recently become obsessed with the Zakka style and wanted to do a little project.
I made the sleeve over 2 evenings, in total, it really only took a couple of hours.


I cut the felt pieces and made sure they would fit over the sides, with extra for sewing the seam. I then added the cute little shapes with simple running stitch. I blanket stitched the two pieces together in contrasting embroidery thread - 2 strands. After sewing two of the sides, I cut a hole so I can see the display and use the select dial. I then stitched this to add to the style and also to prevent the felt from stretching. I sewed the other edges and left a little gap on one side so I could reach the button that locks it.





I really like the felt, the colours are so bright and zingy! Plus it looks good with the thread. Next time I will back it with cotton to further prevent it becoming mishapen, and to tidy up the stitching.












No comments:

Post a Comment