Wednesday 15 July 2009

The Fabric Postcard Swap

I have wanted to make a fabric postcard for a while, so when a fellow crafter on the network StitchinFingers suggested a swap, I knew it would be a good opportunity to learn from others and finally try my hand at making one.
The card I received is a wonderful example of how to use selvage scraps.



My own offering was a little late, and although it isn't perfect, wasn't a bad start I think!


I had embroidered the origami crane ages ago. After, I added it to a cotton base and also added the ribbon. I used fabric glue for both. Then I sewed the lace to the ribbon and the buttons. I used extra heavy interface for the back part of the postcard and zig zag machine stitched all the layers together. I sent it in an envelope because of the buttons.

1 comment: