Saturday 7 February 2009

Honeycomb/Hexagon Plans

One of the hardest things for me is getting beautiful fabrics and then contemplating cutting them up. I have noticed a rise in simple quilts that are made up of basic square designs with the intention to show off fabrics. I love the simplicity of them. Since my visit to Cotton Patch where I succumbed temptation and bought some bright and kitsch fat quarters, I have been deliberating on the best way to use them. They are so pretty that I don't want them to get lost in a complicated block, but would also like a fun shape.

Enter the honeycomb, the first ever piecing I tried. The retro feel of the hexagon shape I think will fit the fabrics well, and I get another opportunity to use paper piecing. The pictures on the right are designs to help envisage how I want my design to look. They come from:
CindyBlackberg, bean-sprouts.blogspot.com, moonstitches.wordpress.com, craftjuice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment