Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Easiest Dress - Ever!



I am really a dressmaking novice so I wanted to make the simplest dress that would require no zips (my achilles heel) and no darts (haven't learned how to do them yet). I am also lax at measuring so this is a one size fits all. I gave it shape with a belt made from the same fabric. Without the belt it kind of looks like a night dress and I could easily make one with appropriate fabric. I didn't really have a pattern I just made a basic dress outline that I used for the front and back. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law both asked me where I bought it, which is a very good litmus test of how successful it is. The worst thing is if a dress looks 'homemade', this is where your careful seaming and trimming of threads becomes crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment