Thursday 13 January 2011

To Etsy or Not to Etsy?

'Fresh Fun Home' by L1zW


A modern, homely living space full of light and space.



When I first signed up to Etsy I was so excited to find this wonderful site full of creative people. I was inspired to enough to start my own shop - Phyllis B - but was not too successful. There were a number of reasons for this but my overall summary is that Etsy is good for buying, not really for selling. There is even a blog now devoted to problems with Etsy called Etsy Bitch and while I don't always agree with their posts, I think it is important to highlight some issues with the site. That said, after a hiatus of over a year ( I was in Zambia and online shopping is a bit of a pipedream there) I have come back to discover that there have been vast improvements. The site is slick and finally they have made it easier to create treasuries, (though bizarrely there is no code generator to share them). What I sell there again? I doubt it as I still think they are not seller friendly. But I still think it is great for fabulous design inspiration and original items.

Now a big big thank you to Whaleshark Websites that has an awesome HTML generator for treasuries, making this possible.






















$15.00



$25.00



$16.00



$35.00



$24.00



$45.00



$14.00



$45.00



$8.50



$20.00



$20.00



$27.00



$4.25



$12.00



$1100.00



$45.00

Generated using Treasury HTML code generator by Whale Shark Websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment