Saturday 23 January 2010

Studio Dreams




Those of you who have been following my blog will know I had a nice little room back in the UK that I used for quilting. To be fair I only used when machine quilting and for storage and spent a lot more time in the living room working because there were comfy chairs and more space.

Here I don’t have a room at all, I have a box that I work from and a chest I stuff things in. My dream is to one day have my own workroom, but rather than it being a room in the house, I would love a little studio out in the garden of wherever we will end up settling. I have a bit of a shed obsession, I just love them, they can be large or small, cheap or expensive, quaint or modernist. When I was visited some artists friends of mine here in Lusaka they showed me their studios. For more on these studios and my work with artists here in Zambia check out my other blog Scrapbook.

The opposite side has more glass for light, unfortunately the studios are being eaten by termites – a big problem in Zambia. I keep this picture as something to work towards, what a great space it would be especially if we treat the wood to stop insects devouring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment