Thursday, 19 February 2009

Tension



I finally got around to testing out my sewing machine, that's been passed down by my mum. It took most of the afternoon to work out the tension and even when I did get it right, it still has a few hiccups. Nevertheless I persevered - finally I was able to turn a piece of fabric I bought off Ebay months ago, into a rather groovey cushion cover.
As I didn't have a zip and I am an impatient person, I decided to create a zipless cover like the ones for pillows. I managed it though it is far from perfect - nonetheless I feel this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship... If I could just get the tension sorted!

Below are pictures of the assembling process.



No comments:

Post a Comment