Monday 12 January 2015

A Handmade Childhood: Origami Crane Pillow


Throw pillows are so much fun to make. You can make them as elaborate as your imagination will allow and yet they still have a function. I don't know if this came out exactly as I expected but I suppose that's ok. The biggest mistake I made was to not use fusible bonding as I normally do when doing applique. Fusible bonding is double-sided so you can iron your shape to the base fabric (I used it for the hipster wall art).  The great thing about it, is that it keeps the shape in place without puckering so that if you machine sew the shape it doesn't get all crumpled. You can see in the picture that that happened a little here. In the coming weeks I'll be posting pictures of the nursery so you can see how all of these little projects work out in the room. I also intend to provide some free printable patterns for some of the projects I have shared.



No comments:

Post a Comment