Sunday 8 March 2009

A Room of One's Own





We originally decided to rent a 2 bedroomed flat so that we could have visitors and also use the second bedroom as a study for my fiancee. However, it seems my fiancee prefers not to use the somewhat pokey spareroom we have and it has gradually become a storage area for the various flotsam and jetsam of living.

Well, not any longer. After looking in despair at the mess our living room has got into, with scraps of cotton and thread re-upholstering the lovely cream carpet, I decided to take action.

These photos show my new workspace complete with table (with enough space for the sewing machine and cutting mat), storage area for fabric and a makeshift book shelf on the window sill - I have no idea what I will do when it gets warmer and we need to open the window!



At the moment, my fabric is in a variety of bags and boxes which serve their purpose, but don't look very stylish. I have been looking longingly at Jessice Jones's wonderful storage bins made from her fabulous materials. Perhaps I will spoil myself next month... Check them out at her shop at Etsy

On the window are a couple of my favourite craft books including DIY Bride (I'm getting married in August) and Folk Cross Stitch (great for making last minute gifts).
The folders are form my inspiration scraps, projects I print off the net and other bits and bobs. They are the only concession to aesthetics I have managed so far, as they are a lovely soft pink and duck egg blue colour, and I think they might create the key notes for any other additions I decide add.
The photos also remind how tidy the room looked, I know it won't last long!






No comments:

Post a Comment