Tuesday 17 March 2009

Despite the fact I rarely use it, the workroom is coming along nicely! The collage wall is inspired by Joe Orton the playwright who embellished his tiny London with hundreds clippings. It was also prompted by finding out about the house of Khadambi Asalache an African writer and artist who decorated his house with elaborate fretwork and paintings. OK, my wall is far less impressive, but you just wait...

The second picture is of some postcards sent to me by an ex-student from Germany –Wassili Lepanto. The paintings are his and used to taught him on a Summer English course. We often butted heads over art as he is more traditional than I, so I was particularly touched when, after returning to Germany he sent me a huge package of info and prints of his work. I especially love the colours of the top right postcard.


No comments:

Post a Comment