Friday 27 February 2009

An Idea and a Logo



I have been mulling over whether to try and sell some of the things I have been making, and with innovations such as Etsy and Artfire, it seems all the more possible. I know that this is something many people try to do and that the current economic climate is not really conducive to new businesses. But you never know until you try. I am not ready to give up the day job ( besides I love teaching), but I am fascinated by the prospect of being creative and using my craft more intensely.
IF I were to go into business, this would perhaps be my logo. Phyllis Becket was my grandmother, a creative and vibrant woman. She crocheted, played the piano and violin, wrote poetry and sang like an opera singer. It is her dynamism I hope to channel, and it is her name I would wish to honour.
The font is call addloops.

1 comment: